[tor-mirrors] New mirror request and suggestion

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Mon May 12 00:41:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 11:45:36PM -0400, calebcenter at live.com wrote 2.3K bytes in 0 lines about:
: Hello, I have a mirror I would like to add at http://alebcay.tk:8080 located in North Carolina, United States. I know there's a CSV format that I should make the submission in, but I'm not sure what it is. Could somebody post the correct format?

Thanks for offering to run a mirror, see
https://www.torproject.org/docs/running-a-mirror.html.en#mirrorops for
the details of being added to the list.

: Also, I just found out about MirrorBrain (http://mirrorbrain.org/), a GPL software that automates load balancing for download mirrors. I'm not sure if the software has been considered before (sometimes users will have to manually choose a download location due to censorship, but it would be useful for helping select the most geographically appropriate server).

We've looked at it. We still think its best for users to make decisions
on mirrors. The largest cost would be setting up a database server and
turning every HTTP GET into a dynamic call in apache. Our site is 100%
static right now, and therefore it scales very well.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475