[tor-mirrors] ADD torproject.fr

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Mon Feb 3 04:49:52 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 01, 2014 at 09:25:02AM -0700, barkerjr at gmail.com wrote 4.0K bytes in 0 lines about:
: The way I read the "Can I use the word "Tor" as part of the name of my
: product or my domain name?" section, it actually encourages the use of
: "tor" in mirror domains.  It says that if it "is made or endorsed by The
: Tor Project", it should have "tor" in the domain.  All tor mirrors are made
: and endorsed by The Tor Project.  Your email and most of that page seem at
: odds with each-other.

None of the mirrors are endorsed by the tor project, not even the ones
I run. I added the random file checks to make sure mirrors are actually
serving up the tor software. I ran into a few mirrors which were abandoned
and serving up malware, ads, redirecting to porn sites, etc. In some
cases, the mirror isn't running anymore and the site is an ancient copy
of torproject.org.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact