[tor-mirrors] Outdated mirrors hide / Link to the 'Mirrors' at title page

Thwarth Wrhalthssen wrhalthssen at ya.ru
Wed Jun 19 07:27:47 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I think the mirrors page should be redesigned a little. What is the
purpose of displaying all outdated and non-accessible mirrors? The
owners of such mirrors are barely interested in maintaining them, so, I
think, the best option is just to remove or hide them from the list. If
owner of such mirror is interested in running it updated, he'll notice,
that his site isn't listed anymore, he'll update it and his mirror will
show up again in the list. Additionaly, it would be great to add a
Javascript code to the list to make it possible to filter mirrors by
country and services accessible (and a tiny country flags, just for
lucidity).

The second issue is the access to the mirrors page. For now you need to
scroll down to the bottom page and find a tiny 'Mirrors' link in the
'Get Involved' section. Isn't it difficult enough? The Tor software is
blocked in variety of countries and the mirrors are essential part of
maintaining Tor website accessible, so isn't it right to make a link to
the mirrors list somehow more accessible? I mean, for example, put
'Mirrors' list in the top navigation section ('Home', 'About Tor' etc).
I believe lot of people failed to find this list just because it's
location on the site is non-obvious. Maybe a crucial part of them are
simply don't know the mirrors list exist.

What do you operators think?