[tor-mirrors] Pls add my mirror to the list

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Wed Jan 23 05:00:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:22:24 -0500 (EST)
"Steve Snyder" <swsnyder at snydernet.net> wrote:

> Please add my mirror to the Tor mirror list.  The URLs are:
>
> http://199.175.55.215/ and http://[2607:8b00:2::fed9:6818]/

Thanks for running a mirror. I added the ipv4 address url. Our script
can't handle direct ipv6, so I haven't added it. If you have a domain
name that does both, I can add it into the list.

> 1. I see that about a quarter of the mirrors listed have an
> Out-Of-Date or Unknown status.  If there is some list-cleaning
> algorithm in use, it's not working.

It's manual, and out of date means the mirror isn't serving up
"/project/trace/www-master.torproject.org" file. That's the only way we
detect how current the mirror likely is. Many mirrors are actually up
to date, but don't serve that file, so the script assumes it's out of
date or unavailable.

The script is here,
https://svn.torproject.org/svn/website/trunk/update-mirrors.pl

> 2. It would be nice if there were date listed along with the status
> of a given mirror, as an indication of when the confirmation was done.

We used to do this, but when the website doesn't change for months,
people misunderstood the date to mean everything was out of date.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact