[tor-mirrors] average mirror bandwidth consumption?

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Sun Feb 10 19:21:56 UTC 2013

On 02/10/2013 10:26 AM, Jonathan W wrote:
> Just a follow up, I was wondering if anyone knew the average bandwidth
> consumption?

I don't know how representative my mirror is, but I'll tell you my stats.

My Chicago-based mirror syncs with torproject.org/tor/ every 4 hours.
In the first 10 days of this month I received 2.5GB and transmitted
83MB.  Looking at the logs I see that the majority of requests are from
various indexing entities, primarily Googlebot and Baiduspider.

Note that the stable Tor hasn't been updated for nearly 3 months and the
only recent TorBrowser update was immediately followed by an advisement
not to download it (due to OpenSSL breakage). I assume that requests for
actual mirror content would be higher were there to be
highly-sought-after new content to download.

That's  my $0.02.