[tor-mirrors] Remove torproject.us

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Fri Aug 30 11:07:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 30.08.2013 11:25, BarkerJr wrote:
> Please remove the torproject.us mirror.  I've lost interest in hosting
> in the USA.  I might bring up a new mirror under a new domain in
> another country later.

.us is just a TLD.

It is managed by NeuStar Inc., who also manage .biz, .cn outside China,
.tw outside Taiwan and .co.

If you're worried about the USA, they have enough influence so that any
TLD is "under US control", some more, some less. .us is at least no
different than .org, .com, .net in that respect.

You know you can point it at any IP you wish regardless of location.

If you want, I can take over operation of that mirror. We should at
least make it a redirect to torproject.org. If you want to give up the
domain, please sign it over to Torproject Inc., and don't let it go away!

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/