[tor-mirrors] Mirror configuration on Nginx

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Tue Jul 31 18:22:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:17:22 -0400
Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:
> I noticed that the download link in a recent TBB announcement linked
> to the download page as https://torproject.org/download/download/
> (which returns the page located at /download/download.html.en). After
> looking over the various other mirrors I noticed that many of them did
> not correctly mimic this behavior (including my own). The default
> Nginx configuration from the mirror configuration page also doesn't
> include anything like this.

You have to define html.en as an html page. The sample host config is
here https://www.torproject.org/docs/running-a-mirror.html.en

For the sake of future internet searches, here:

For mirror operators that use nginx, we created a sample virtual host
configuration file to use:

    server {
    	listen 0.1.2.3:80;
  	server_name your.example.com;

  	root /var/www/mirrors/torproject.org;
	index index.html.en;
    }

If you use nginx, please ensure the text/html line
in /etc/ngnix/mime.types matches:

    text/html                             en html htm shtml;

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact