[tor-mirrors] ADD New Mirror - tor.mirror.reisenb.at

andrew at torproject.org andrew at torproject.org
Mon Jan 2 04:16:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 02:16:45AM +0100, sreisenb14 at gmail.com wrote 1.1K bytes in 35 lines about:
: finaly its synced!

Great.

: please just add tor.reisenb.at (its without cloudflare)

I'm not opposed to cloudflare itself. It seems to punish anyone
already using Tor for no given reason. Or maybe one site with cloudflare
has crossed some threshold with respect to a tor exit. Therefore all
cloudflare sites will treat the tor exit the same way regardless of
whether the tuple of tor exit and your site have crossed the
threshold. I'm unclear how cloudflare is actually working here.

Another thought is that cloudflare gets to track every IP address/computer
browsing your mirror. I wonder what it does with this information,
such as logging, sharing with law enforcement, advertisers, traffic
metrics companies, etc.

It would also be interesting to learn what cloudflare thinks of tor and
tor mirrors in general.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact