[tor-l10n] Preparing for Tor Browser 11.5 release

tor l10n team tor-l10n at lists.torproject.org
Fri Jul 8 11:50:00 UTC 2022

Fellow translators!

The release of Tor Browser 11.5 will mean some big changes in Tor Browser, like new ways to connect to bridges and
fancy emojis and stuff.

MANUAL INCLUDED IN BROWSER
--------------------------

This release will also have a big change for the Tor Browser Manual:

Now the manual will be included in the browser!! Yes!

This is important especially for when you cannot connect to Tor. We have links to the manual that have been
REPLACED WITH INTERNAL LINKS.

So, it will be a great resource to translate or review right now so it can be shipped in Tor Browser to
help people connect to the network.

NEW FONTS NOTO SANS
-------------------

The Tor Browser devs have been working on support for different scripts in Tor Browser.

As Tor Browser does not use the system fonts to avoid user fingerprinting, we need to ship the same fonts
to all Tor Browsers, and some locales were having issues with fonts.

We need your help to test if the fonts are alright for your locale. Please have a look and confirm to us
that your locale is working right.

Try the alpha version or better the nightly build:
  https://nightlies.tbb.torproject.org/nightly-builds/tor-browser-builds/

And in general, it would be great if you can:

- Have a look at the Tor Browser category at https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/content/ for the new
Tor Browser strings.
- Finish and review the manual translations at https://www.transifex.com/otf/tor-project-support-community-portal/tbmanual-contentspot/
- Download and test the Tor Browser alpha : https://community.torproject.org/user-research/become-tester/

If you have any doubts, please share your thoughts. Preferably through the mailing list,
so other people can participate as well, and come hangout in the #tor-l10n channel in oftc, or
https://matrix.to/#/#tor-l10n:matrix.org

Thanks in advance

emmapeel
Localization Coordinator