[tor-l10n] updates

tor l10n team tor-l10n at lists.torproject.org
Wed Sep 1 08:46:00 UTC 2021

Hello Tor L10n team!

Just a couple of lines to let you know that:

- The Documentation Hackathon (https://blog.torproject.org/docshackathon-2021) is happening at the moment, and there are going to be more updates to the different websites: Community and Support portals, Tor Browser Manual, main Tor website https://www.torproject.org/

- The L10n Hangout from last month was great! A lot of Swahili speakers joined us to talk about the work they are doing to translate the Tor Browser from Kenya, Tanzania and DRC. The Swahili situation is different to other of out locales, because a translation for the Firefox browser, on which Tor Browser is based, is still needed. Swahili has 150 million speakers around several countries.

- If you have some minutes, please finish translations and reviews for Snowflake: https://www.transifex.com/otf/torproject/snowflakeaddon-messagesjson/ is very small: 30 strings, 335 words. They will appear at https://snowflake.torproject.org/ and on the plugin itself. Most of languages have at least one new string. Once we update several languages, we can ask for a new release. Check it out plz.

Asante sana! (thank you in Swahili)

emmapeel