[tor-l10n] introduction

tor l10n team tor-l10n at lists.torproject.org
Sat Jun 27 13:11:13 UTC 2020

Hey!

I’m not sure whether I understand the instructions correctly, but here’s my introduction.

My name is Katarina. I’m from Slovakia. I’ve been a translator / English teacher for over 15 years. I’ve recently seen Joe Rogan’s podcast with Edward Snowden, about whom I’ve known since 2013 because I’ve been a part of “hacker” community in Slovakia since I was a student. My best friend was involved in negotiation of data protection laws back in the early 2000s.
Anyway, I’d like to help somehow and the best, I guess, want I can do at this point is to translate Tor Browser to Slovak. I’d also like to raise the awareness of people in online security. We’ll see where this takes me. I’m looking forward to cooperation with the community!
I’m a dog owner, I love photography, I used to blog about learning English, I sprout. And I currently stepped down from some stressful projects so I’ve got time to pursue volunteering for the Tor project.

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Katarina