[tor-dev] Release new version of stem

Hefee hefee at debian.org
Sat Sep 17 11:06:50 UTC 2022

Hey,

> That is tricky as stem is not maintained anymore and therefore
> deprecated.

That is a pitty. It would be nice if you can actually make this obvious on the
git repo like "currently stem is unmaintained and therefore deprecated" and
maybe search for people in the community to take over - maybe ask people from
onionshare?
Especially as stem is still marked as the way to interact with tor via python.
Like it was done on this ml in August:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2022-August/014768.html

> There are no further releases planned and talking to atagar
> last time he said the master branch was not ready for release. We could
> think about minor point releases for the 1.8 series but those would just
> contain small bug fixes (like Python 3.10 compatibility) but no new
> features.

Having a way to work with Python 3.10+ is still great but will not help for
our use case as onionshare using the feature of client auth v3.

regards,

hefee

--
Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel / My public key: E68031D299A6527C
Fingerabdruck / Fingerprint: