[tor-dev] Network Team - Deprecating C-tor Patches

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Mon May 9 18:54:16 UTC 2022

Greetings everyone!

The network team has come up with a policy about C-tor patches in order to
help and facilitate our transition to arti.

The TL;DR is essentially that we will be reducing considerably the amount of
patches (fixes and features) we take in for C-tor[0], most importantly on the
client side, in order to alleviate the maintaining work of C-tor in favor of
arti development.

Please, read the following explaining why and what is changing regarding C-tor
patches and development work:

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/team/-/wikis/NetworkTeam/DeprecatingCPatches

Don't hesitate to ask questions!

Cheers!
The Network Team

[0] https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor

--
G1nLmyQttfczv2rHXvhgktvgPessxMCOKSOe/VwGY/Y=