[tor-dev] GSoC 2022 - Tor Weather: Improving the Tor Network

Sarthik Gupta sarthikg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 19:30:15 UTC 2022

*[Status Update for the Project] - **Week-5 & Week-6*

*Completed*
*1. Writing Scripts*
    a. Modified scripts for NodeDownSub & NodeBandwidthSub to accomodate a
better way of handling the trigger times.
    b. Added scripts for NodeFlagSub for Exit, Fast, Guard, Stable, Valid
flags.
    c. Uniformed the structure for the scripts to handle similar named
columns.

*2. Web-Frontend*
    a. Continued working on mock designs
    b. Started developing the jinja templates for the frontend consumption

*3. Miscellaneous*
    a. Broke down the NodeFlagSub into individual tables to ease out the
addition for further flags.
    b. Fixed the issue with the clearing of tables when starting the
development server.
    c. Reorganised the files & directories.

*In-Progress*
*1. Web-Frontend*
    a. Continue working on the Jinja templates for the web frontend
including the styling.

*2. Web-Backend*
    a. Started working on the flask backend for handling customizations in
the UI

Updates for the Project will also be made available on the Project Wiki - Week
5 & Week 6 · Wiki · sarthikg / Tor-Weather · GitLab (torproject.org)
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/sarthikg/tor-weather/-/wikis/Project-Status-Updates/Week-5-&-Week-6>

Thanks & Regards,
Sarthik Gupta