[tor-dev] GSoC 2022 - Tor Weather: Improving the Tor Network

Sarthik Gupta sarthikg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:32:20 UTC 2022

*[Status Update for the Project] - **Week-3 & Week-4*

*Completed*
*1. Created Mock Server*
    a. Created mock-server for mocking the response from Onionoo.
    b. Created interfaces for the response.
    c. Introduced utility functions like camelCaseRecursive, readJson, etc.
    d. Created mock-data for the database when running in dev environments
    e. Setup the mock-data population when running the app.

*2. Writing Scripts*
    a. Architecture the pattern for writing scripts, fetching data, sending
emails, etc.
    b. Created classes representing Onionoo, Relay, Subscription.
    c. Developed scripts for NodeDownSub, NodeBandwidthSub.

*In-Progress*
*1. Developing the Scripts*
    a. The development of scripts is in progress for other subscriptions.
    b. Having a pattern in place makes it easy to develop new scripts.

*2. Initiated the Web-Frontend*
    a. Started creating mocks for the web-frontend, this includes mocking
designs for the frontend using tor design guidelines.

Updates for the Project will also be made available on the Project Wiki - Week
3 & Week 4 · Wiki · sarthikg / Tor-Weather · GitLab (torproject.org)
<https://gitlab.torproject.org/sarthikg/tor-weather/-/wikis/Project-Status-Updates/Week-3-&-Week-4>

Thanks & Regards,
Sarthik Gupta