[tor-dev] bridge:// URI and QR codes

meskio meskio at torproject.org
Wed Aug 10 15:46:15 UTC 2022

Quoting trinity pointard (2022-08-02 15:29:37)
> > Bridge URIs do not address the problem of multiple bridges in the same
> QR. An
> > idea could be to separate them by newlines.
>

> QR-codes from BridgeDB are already big enough I can't scan them reliably on
> my
> phone. I think even if multiple bridges per QR-code is supported, BridgeDB
> (and
> anything allowing to export bridge lines) should provide a way to export
> bridges
> as QR codes one at a time. This would become even more important if some
> additional metadata like a signature is added.

Yes, I agree it will be a nice idea to move to a single bridge per QR code (like
tor browser does). That will make easier to scan, but might require multiple
scans. And will keep bridge URIs representing a single bridge.

We might need to think on the UX of the clients, as scanning a QR code or
visiting a bridge URI should not delete the other bridges known by the users by
default. Maybe it should ask if the bridge should be added to (the default
option) or should replace the existing ones.

--
meskio | https://meskio.net/