[tor-dev] Proposal 335: An authority-only design for MiddleOnly

ezhigp at Safe-mail.net ezhigp at Safe-mail.net
Fri Oct 8 17:37:33 UTC 2021

> ```
> Filename: 335-middle-only-redux.md
> Title: An authority-only design for MiddleOnly
> Author: Nick Mathewson
> Created: 2021-10-08
>
> These flags SHOULD be set in a vote whenever `MiddleOnly` is
> present, and only when the authority is configured to vote on the
> `BadExit` flag.
>
>   * `BadExit`
>
> These flags SHOULD be cleared in a vote whenever `MiddleOnly` is
> present.
>
>   * `Exit`
I believe that BadExit is supposed to be given together with Exit, to mark that technically it's possible to exit from this relay, but it is not recommended unless you know what you do.
>   * `Guard`
>   * `HSDir`
>   * `V2Dir`
It looks like we don't fear such a relay at Intro?
Or it is a sign that this proposal is only a set of quick actions before #334?