[tor-dev] proposal 328 status

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Mon Nov 1 19:46:05 UTC 2021

David Goulet:
> On 29 Oct (22:48:53), nusenu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm wondering if the current version of the text is the latest available version of it or
>> if there is somewhere a newer version that hasn't been pushed yet?
>>
>> https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/torspec/-/blob/main/proposals/328-relay-overload-report.md

> It should actually be set to "Closed" now and we need to merge it in
> dir-spec.txt.

"Implemented-In" would also be nice.

my understanding of the changelog
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/tor/-/merge_requests/361/diffs#821ec629171cb3d62b4ce801f8e81e2bbfe9b011_0_1

was that only the "overload-general" line got moved (not all lines from this spec)
from the extra-info descriptor to the server descriptor,
but this change implies that all lines are now located in the server descriptors?

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/torspec/-/commit/3424a245774e2ee56115e36cc4f8790fa53067c0#2c338f8c98c902438a74b0f928609906424b356d_30_28
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/core/torspec/-/blob/main/proposals/328-relay-overload-report.md

Has the version field in the "overload-general" line been increase when the semantics for DNS timeouts changed?
(the 1 to 1%/10min change)

related stem ticket:
https://github.com/torproject/stem/issues/91

kind regards,