[tor-dev] Statistical inference in live network perf experiments

Jansen, Robert G CIV USN NRL (5543) Washington DC (USA) rob.g.jansen at nrl.navy.mil
Sun Oct 18 20:23:40 UTC 2020

Hi Mike,

So I just read your mail in the "Initial ideas from the culture/VPN thread" where you state:

> The core problem: People who do not have time to monitor the full workflow of other groups and get properly involved in them should not randomly interject to demand things that are already documented in tickets, public list posts, proposals, wiki pages, meetings, and irc discussion.

I feel like I have done exactly that in my previous mail below, and I sincerely apologize. I agree with you, random interjections from the uninformed likely cause more harm than good, so I should just stay out of it.

We _are_ working on the topic of statistical inference, but I'm sure you already have a solid plan, so please just ignore my noise.

Again, I am truly sorry, and I'll try not to make this mistake again.

Peace, love, and positivity,
Rob