[tor-dev] [Tails-dev] Tails vs the capacity of the Meek bridges

sajolida sajolida at pimienta.org
Fri Mar 20 15:30:00 UTC 2020

anonym:
> In Tails' threat model it is assumed that adversaries monitor the default bridges provided by the Tor Browser, and that our users want to avoid detection of that, so we are not interested in adding the default bridges to Tails

We're not offering the default bridges in Tails also because it's
impossible right now to store your bridge configuration in the
Persistent Storage.

We're afraid that this would lead to more people relying on the default
bridges in Tails than in Tor Browser, where you can configure your
custom bridges once and for all.

It's also currently easier to get custom bridges from Tor Browser
outside of Tails than inside Tails.

--
sajolida
Tails — https://tails.boum.org/