[tor-dev] Auto close old tor GitHub pull requests?

teor teor at riseup.net
Mon Mar 16 22:29:49 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'd like to use a GitHub bot to automatically close old tor and
torspec pull requests.

The Network Team currently uses GitHub to review pull requests
(but we use Trac for task tracking).

Some GitHub users won't contribute to a project with lots of open
pull requests, because they think it's been abandoned. (Or they
think we're bad at merging PRs.)

But lots of our PRs get left open because we've squashed and
merged the PR, and GitHub doesn't recognise the squashed
commits, so GitHub doesn't auto-close the PR.

I'm proposing closing PRs with no activity for 60 days, but I
think anywhere between 30 and 180 days would work.
(Most of our backports happen within 60 days.)

For more details, see:

teor