[tor-dev] Gitolite to Gitlab Sync Change

Alexander Færøy ahf at torproject.org
Thu Jul 9 14:31:05 UTC 2020

Hello folks!

In an attempt to solve Gitlab#41[1] the hooks that is executed when you
push to git.torproject.org to synchronize to Gitlab was modified to
avoid pruning references in Gitlab that was missing in the Gitolite
repository.

This /should/ have the following implications:

- We no longer delete the "refs/merge-requests/*" namespace each time
  someone pushes to your repository on git.torproject.org. This should
  allow people to use the `git mr` alias that can be found online which
  should make local code-reviews easier and also allow you to handle
  manual CLI merging more easily.

- We no longer delete branches automatically on Gitlab: if a branch is
  deleted on git.torproject.org. This have to be deleted manually now on
  Gitlab.

Please report any issues you that you might discover on the ticket.

Thanks to Hiro for getting this running!

All the best,
Alex.

[1]: https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/tpa/gitlab/-/issues/41

--