[tor-dev] IANA well-known URI suffix registration "tor-relay"

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Mon Aug 10 18:28:24 UTC 2020

Nick Mathewson:
> I think as a general idea this is fine.

thanks!

> I could probably tweak the
> format a bit, but there probably isn't a strong need.

how would you like to tweak it?
I tried to keep it as simple as possible for relay operators
to keep adoption trivial.

> One thing I'd want to know about though, is current uptake and trends
> in uptake.  How many relays are currently using this schema?
>
> I'm happy to say "yes, this is a good thing for family operators to
> do" if that will help, but I'd rather that we only standardize
> something if it's on track to get used.

The ContactInfo spec is used currently by 100 relays (>12% exit probability).
The amount of relays using it increased from 44 to 100 after version 1
of the spec got released on 2020-07-21. The well-known URI will
be part of version 2.

regards,
nusenu

--