[tor-dev] Chutney code refactoring

c c at chroniko.jp
Sat Apr 18 11:02:03 UTC 2020

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 18:01:42 -0400
Nick Mathewson <nickm at freehaven.net> wrote:

> If you want to work on this it would be helpful to maybe start by
> listing (here or elsewhere) some places where you *don't* feel like
> you could (or would want to) write documentation: those would be a
> good target for devs who _have_ worked on Chutney before.

I came across Node.specialize() which does not seem to be called
elsewhere, and I cannot guess at its purpose. So, if anyone knows off
the top of their head what this is for (not what it does, because it's
quite obvious from the code itself) then I'd greatly appreciate and I
will document its purpose accordingly. It is one of the functions that
is listed as "to be called by the user".

Other than that I added docstrings where they were missing in TorNet
(useful both for Python's on-line help() and for checking whether code
agrees with intent) and made mental note of some areas I would like to
improve in the code (changing function names to better align with what
they actually do, figure out if some longer functions can be split into
more atomical and easier-to-digest parts, ...).

Caitlin