[tor-dev] Chutney code refactoring

c c at chroniko.jp
Sat Apr 18 02:03:33 UTC 2020

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 18:01:42 -0400
Nick Mathewson <nickm at freehaven.net> wrote:

> If you want to work on this it would be helpful to maybe start by
> listing (here or elsewhere) some places where you *don't* feel like
> you could (or would want to) write documentation: those would be a
> good target for devs who _have_ worked on Chutney before.

Sounds good, I will work on this.

> Though I think this is likely to be an ongoing change that we see
> over time, since

Was this sentence supposed to be longer?

>   * More tests for the various parts of chutney, and refactoring to
> make them more testable.

Internal unit testing seems like a good idea, yes.

>   * Making chutney comply with one or more of the python style
> checking tools that are out there.

I can look into this; personally I have no experience with Python
style-checking or linting tools, but now's a good time as ever for me
to learn what is available and how it would work for Chutney.

> This is an good vision for how Chutney should go; I really support
> this idea.

Glad you are on board :)

Caitlin