[tor-dev] New Orbot, tor-android and AndroidPluggableTransport updates

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Tue Sep 17 10:11:54 UTC 2019

On 9/13/19 6:25 AM, Georg Koppen wrote:
> Nathan Freitas:
>> A new Orbot is out, with a bug fix related to obfs4proxy installation,
>> and a new tor!
> Good stuff! Is it intended that I only see an x86_64, x86, and arm64-v8a
> version but no armv7 one available? It seems suddenly Orbot is not
> compatible anymore with my device (and I suspect a bunch of other users
> have a similar problem)

That was not intended, and not sure where you mean exactly.

Anyhow, we are definitely releasing armv7 (aka "armeabi-v7a") binaries
still, both for Orbot and the underlying tor-android-binary releases.

Release here:
https://github.com/guardianproject/orbot/releases/tag/16.1.2-RC-2-tor-0.4.1.5-rc

with this APK:
https://github.com/guardianproject/orbot/releases/download/16.1.2-RC-2-tor-0.4.1.5-rc/Orbot-16.1.2-RC-2-tor-0.4.1.5-rc-fullperm-armeabi-v7a-release.apk