[tor-dev] Practracker regen in #30381

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Wed Nov 27 12:34:29 UTC 2019

teor <teor at riseup.net> writes:

> Hi George, David,
>
> It looks like you regenerated the whole practracker file in #30381:
> https://github.com/torproject/tor/commit/53ac9a9a91a8f2ab45c75550456716074911e685#diff-9fd3400f062c4541d79881e199fd9e1f
>
> But we usually just add exceptions for the files that we modified.
>
> When we do a full regeneration, we lose a whole lot of warnings that
> tell us where our code quality is getting worse.
>
> Do you mind if I revert the unrelated changes?

No problem either! Sorry for the trouble.

FWIW, what happened there is that when I need to rebase an old dev
branch to master (because of revisions etc.), there are almost always
multiple conflicts with practracker. Resolving these manually is very
annoying (they are many and confusing), so sometimes I have ditched the
exceptions.txt completely and just regenerated practracker exceptions
from scratch. That's what happened in that case. If someone has a tip
for this situation, it would be cool :)