[tor-dev] introduce some customization on the tbb

sarpedon montecarlo sarpedon000 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 09:55:04 UTC 2019

Hi Richard, this is great!
I appreciate all the insights you gave me.
about the build setup i would definitely go with your suggestion. maybe it
would be possible to also use these build scripts inside a docker composer
for a reload on demand during development. and about windows,  it is a
requirement for my situation , but i just saw some build scripts regarding
windows in the tbb repo you mentioned; i would be happy to hear from you
about tips and tricks regarding windows!

basically what i am about to implement are as below:

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

above screen shots are from the browser extension that i have already
implemented and want to integrate with the tbb.

1) padding is the time period which i send random packets to random
destinations for generating fake browsing pattern.

2) rotation is a fancy name for MaxCircuitDirtiness

3) idle timeout is a custom clock which will close the tbb automatically in
case of no interaction from the user

4) use proxy & use bridge is already available inside tbb

5) entry, middle and exit countries will fill the torrc with user selected
options

based on the commit you mentioned for  "about:preferences#tor pane", i
believe that commit is the right place i should start coding.

Best Regards,
Sarpedon