[tor-dev] Onion Service - Intropoint DoS Defenses

juanjo juanjo at avanix.es
Fri May 31 18:15:16 UTC 2019

Hello, can someone answer some questions I have about how this attacks work?

As far as I understand INTRODUCE2 cells are sent by Introduction Points
directly to the Hidden Service. But this only happens after a Client
sends the INTRODUCE1 cell to the Introduction Point.

Now the question is, do we allow more than 1 INTRODUCE1 per client
circuit? If this is right, why? Or the attack is working because the
client makes a new circuit/connection to the I.P. each time for sending
a INTRODUCE1?