[tor-dev] Onion Service - Intropoint DoS Defenses

juanjo juanjo at avanix.es
Thu May 30 19:03:40 UTC 2019

Nice to try to stop this DoS vulnerability at network design level.

Can we have an estimation of when will be released this antiDoS
features? 0.4.1.x or 0.4.2.x ?

And just came to my mind reading this, that to stop these attacks we
could implement some authentication based on Proof of Work or something
like that. This means that to launch such an attack the attacker (client
level) should compute the PoW and must have many computing power, while
normal clients/users don't need almost any change. Actually this is what
PoW is very useful.