[tor-dev] [RFC] control-spec: Specify add/remove/view client auth commands (client-side).

Suphanat Chunhapanya haxx.pop at gmail.com
Tue May 7 14:51:32 UTC 2019

(1)

On 5/7/19 2:16 AM, grarpamp wrote:
> ONION_CLIENT_AUTH_ADD
>
> is most clear... ONION (ok, what about onion),
> CLIENT (ok, what about client), AUTH (ok, and...)
> ADD (aha yes do that). And docs are self
> ordering into nice sections.
>

> ONION_CLIENT_ADD_AUTH
>
> doesn't follow because it reverses the
> last two thus breaking things again.

That's cool. But according to what dgoulet proposed, if we use both
ONION_CLIENT_AUTH_ADD
and ONION_SERVICE_AUTH_ADD. The latter will sound like it's an
authentication of the service not the client. At least for me :)

If you want the least specific left and the most specific right, I think
ONION_AUTH_CLIENT_ADD and
ONION_AUTH_SERVICE_ADD would be better.

(2)

I think, to be more specific, I would rather use X25519PubKey and
X25519PrivKey instead of just X25519Key.

(3)

Is PERMANENT a type? Is there any other type other than PERMANENT? I
think I consider it as a TRUE/FALSE flag.