[tor-dev] Updating Proposal 299 (Preferring IPv4 or IPv6 based on IP Version Failure Count)

teor teor at riseup.net
Tue Mar 12 23:19:40 UTC 2019

> On 13 Mar 2019, at 08:44, Neel Chauhan <neel at neelc.org> wrote:
>
> Hi teor,
>
>> Thanks, I opened a ticket to review and merge it here:
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/29687
>> It should get reviewed within a week or two.
>
> First off, thank you for doing this! As of now, it seems to have been merged.
>
>>> I have added the "TrackFailures" flag to my GitHub PR and also mentioned other flags will come in the future.
>> I like what you did here: I think having one option with extra flags is
>> better than two options.
>
> Again, Thank you!
>
> Also, can we mark Prop299 as "Accepted" or is there any updates needed to this proposal?

I haven't reviewed the latest version, and I'm not sure if anyone else has either.
(I was hoping that someone else would review your latest version before it
got merged.)

Reading through it, I've noticed some things that I don't understand. I'll do a
review on your pull request. I'll also get a second team member to review the
proposal.