[tor-dev] Tor Friendliness Scanner

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Mar 4 21:15:26 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 03:58:58PM -0500, Kevin Gallagher wrote:
> To generate a method of determining ground-truth, we decided to modify* the
> Firefox (FF) browser to log all of the steps of the creation of the Content
> Tree (also called the DOM tree)
>[...]
> We have moved ahead with development (though have not yet finished it) and
> are (hopefully) very close to a working prototype. I was wondering if there
> was feedback on this method

Neat stuff!

(1)
Looking at the DOM tree reminds me of Micah's paper from a few years back:
"Validating Web Content with Senser"
https://security.cs.georgetown.edu/~msherr/pubs.php

and (2)
Be sure to check out the recent papers by the Berkeley group on this
area, e.g.  the "do you see what I see" paper and more recent ones:
https://www1.icsi.berkeley.edu/~sadia/

--Roger