[tor-dev] Updating Proposal 299 (Preferring IPv4 or IPv6 based on IP Version Failure Count)

Neel Chauhan neel at neelc.org
Mon Mar 4 16:24:57 UTC 2019

I have Proposal 299, also known as "Preferring IPv4 or IPv6 based on IP
Version Failure Count" which makes ClientAutoIPv6ORPort take into
account IPv4 and IPv6 failures.

An older version of this document is available here:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/299-ip-failure-count.txt

I have attached an updated copy of this proposal to this message. This
includes the changes recommended by teor at
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2019-February/013673.html.

Would someone be able to update torspec to include the updated (and
attached) proposal?

Also, if any of you have opinions on this proposal, please share them
with me.

-Neel

===

https://www.neelc.org/