[tor-dev] Shortcomings of the pluggable transports specification?

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Wed Jun 12 23:41:34 UTC 2019

We are working on improving Tor's pluggable transports specification:
<https://spec.torproject.org/pt-spec>

The goal is to make the spec useful to more people and fix issues that
have accumulated over the years.  For more context, have a look at the
following ticket, which we use to coordinate this effort:
<https://bugs.torproject.org/29285>

Before changing the spec, we need to understand its shortcomings and
what issues implementers have run into.  For those of you who have
experience with the spec -- either Tor's version 1.0 or version 2.1
maintained by pluggabletransports.info -- please let us know:

* What version of the PT specification and what library implementation
  (if any) are you using?

* What has your experience been with the PT specification?

* How would you improve the specification?

Thanks,
Philipp