[tor-dev] Release: obfs4proxy-0.0.10

teor teor at riseup.net
Sun Jun 2 09:21:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 5 May 2019, at 07:02, Steve Snyder <swsnyder at snydernet.net> wrote:
> On 5/4/19 12:26 PM, David Fifield wrote:

>>> Odd.  None of that code, both in obfs4proxy and goptlib, has changed for
>>> years.  I'll look at it when I have a moment.
>>
>> Might be this?
>>
>> tor_addr_parse is overly permissive
>> https://bugs.torproject.org/23082
>
> Well, if that was supposed be a general fix then bug 23082 wasn't fixed
> very well. ORPort is still OK with the square bracket syntax while
> ServerTransportListenAddr is not.

You're right: tor's internal lookup function has a similar bug, which
we didn't fix in 23082. Tor uses separate functions for IP address parsing
and hostname lookups, and they handle IPv4 addresses in square brackets
differently.

I opened a ticket for this issue, and submitted a fix which uses the same
address parser on all IP addresses:

We won't backport this fix, because it changes config parsing. So it will
probably end up in tor 0.4.2.1-alpha and later.