[tor-dev] Proposal 306: Onion Balance Support for Onion Service v3

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Thu Jul 25 15:16:56 UTC 2019

Greetings!

Around 4 months ago, nickm published a proposal draft for OnionBalance to
support onion services v3.

Due to #29583, it turns out that we can afterall take the easy approach which
is basically how OnionBalance is working today for v2 but transposed to v3.
See the ticket for the reasons why for now we'll proceed this way.

However, we all agreed that #29583 is a "must fix at some point" meaning that
OnionBalance v3 will then become much more complicated. In order to not forget
about it, I'm reviving nickm's proposal as prop306 so we have the draft in
torspec.git.

See attachement for the proposal.

Cheers!
David

--
vjZrE+FHHEPpllrbcUukx7LtWFzk066L23yoggvnmso=