[tor-dev] Status of open circuit padding tickets

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Tue Jul 23 11:27:44 UTC 2019

Hello Nick and Mike,

here is a summary of the current state of open circpad tickets, which I
tried to tidy up today. These are all the tickets I had in my radar and
I hope I didn't miss any.

I will be on leave starting the day after tomorrow (25th) so I wanted to
inform you of the status quo:

0.4.1:
    #31024: Coverity: circpadding: always check circpad_machine_current_state() - [needs_review]
            - This is done and in needs_review for Mike.

    #30992: circpadding: Circsetup machines give out warnings when client-side intro gets NACKed
            - This is still unresolved and in 041. I couldn't figure out by
              just looking at the logs... Perhaps we could push it in 042 given
              that it's a pretty rare client behavior.

0.4.2:
    #30942: [warn] Unexpected INTRODUCE_ACK on circuit 3944288021.
            - I took a stab at this today since this seems to be a central
              issue that can cause lots of log warns. It's now in needs_review.

    #31112: remove specified target_hopnum from relay-side machines - [merge_ready]
    #31113: Circuitpadding updated comments
    #31098: transition when we send our first padding packet, not on received - [merge_ready]
            - These are all Tobias' patches. I made changes files and fixed a
              few of them and also made a PR. I moved them to 042 since they
              are not really urgent bugfixes. The only one I would consider
              backporting to 041 is #31098.

    #31002: circpadding: Middle node did not accept our padding request - [assigned]
            - This is still unresolved. Mike took a look during PETS but not
              sure what's the verdict. I pushed to 042 since it does not seem
              urgent but we might want to reconsider.

    #30578: The circuitpadding_circuitsetup_machine test: Re-enable, remove, re-document, or ___?
            - This is still unresolved but not urgent. I pushed it to 042.

0.4.0:
    #30649: Every few hours, relays [warn] Received circuit padding stop command
            - This was hanging on a 040 backport which I just did.