[tor-dev] Current plans for 0.4.1.x stable

Nick Mathewson nickm at torproject.org
Tue Jul 9 16:46:48 UTC 2019

Hi!

We're currently on track to get a stable release out on the planned
release date (August 15), which would be seriously impressive for us.

To do this, we'll need to get a release candidate out by late July.
And in order to do _that_, we'll need to prioritize the remaining
0.4.1.x tickets.

Here are all the tickets currently labeled with the "041-should" and
"041-must" keywords:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases/041Status

Are any of these tickets items that we must do before 0.4.1.x can be
stable?  If so, we should label them with 041-must.  Please let us
know on the ticket if there is any must-do ticket _not_ labelled with
041-must.

Additionally, we should mark all the items (typically CI-related) that
we can safely merge post-release.

best wishes,
--
Nick