[tor-dev] Reviewer for Bug #27491: Prefer IPv4 or IPv6 based on the number of failures

teor teor at riseup.net
Fri Jan 18 01:13:14 UTC 2019

Hi Neel,

> On 17 Jan 2019, at 09:14, Neel Chauhan <neel at neelc.org> wrote:
>
> I noticed the assigned reviewer for my bug/patch #27491 (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/27491), mikeperry, has not yet reviewed my bug since he was assigned to my bug/patch back in December. I understand that not able to review bugs during the holiday season (for obvious reasons), but would someone, either mikeperry or another Tor developer be able to review this?

Thank you for submitting this patch.

We haven't have time to do all our reviews from December and January, so we
have been focusing on reviews for the 0.4.0 code freeze. We also have an
in-person meeting at the end of January, so we're all doing pre-meeting work.

I've added a note to our next team meeting to talk about our review backlog.

I did a quick review on your patch. It adds detailed information to the client state
file, which impacts user privacy. The code will also cause clients to stop using
IPv4 or IPv6 for a week, which is far too long for mobile and laptop clients.

So we need to think about the design more carefully.

We have a proposals process for design changes to Tor. Would you mind writing
a proposal and sending it to this list?

Thanks