[tor-dev] Anti-censorship discussion with Briar devs

Torsten Grote t at grobox.de
Tue Feb 26 19:53:36 UTC 2019

On 2/26/19 11:19 AM, Georg Koppen wrote:
> I think we should be able to provide that with our Tor Browser builds
> once we have all the PT pieces sorted out (which is rather soon).

That would be nice!

> So, probably the easiest way would then be to just copy the respective
> binaries we produce over to include them in the Briar software

I assume these binaries are reproducible?

We are currently not including these binaries directly, but publish them
as a library (gradle/maven to jcenter) where Briar and other projects
can get them from.

> and pointing to our build process (we could even document building those PTs
> as an example in our READMEs if that would be useful).

Currently, we provide reproducible build and verification scripts as
well as Docker containers for people to reproduce these binaries as
conveniently as possible [1]. We currently produce binaries for the
Android CPU architectures as well as for 64-bit Linux.

It would be nice, if there would be the same once we switch to Tor's
binaries.

Kind Regards,
Torsten

[1] https://code.briarproject.org/briar/go-reproducer#go-reproducer