[tor-dev] Anti-censorship discussion with Briar devs

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Mon Feb 25 09:40:52 UTC 2019

On 2019-02-22 17:05, Cecylia Bocovich wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for summarizing that conversation here!

> The main thing they would like on the metrics side is up-to-date
> information about which PT works in which country and where PTs are
> needed at all in order to make quick and easy decisions based on
> location about which transports to use. They started to work with OONI
> to expand their tests but it turned out to be too much work for their
> time/funding: https://code.briarproject.org/briar/briar/issues/1414

Maybe this was considered before (I didn't follow any links due to lack
of time, sorry), but we do have numbers on bridge users by country and
transport:

https://metrics.torproject.org/userstats-bridge-combined.html?start=2018-11-27&end=2019-02-25&country=ve

They could use that data as input for a tool that outputs which
transport to use in which country.

Please also find the links on that page to the CSV file, the CSV data
format, and how to reproduce the data. Happy to answer questions.

All the best,
Karsten