[tor-dev] TBB Memory Allocator choice fingerprint implications

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:37:17 UTC 2019

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 11:57, Nicolas Vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 2019, Daniel Micay wrote:
>

> > No, you're just making false attacks and misleading comparisons / spin
> > to promote your own work, which is trash. You're being incredibly
> > dishonest and unethical. You didn't even bother to inform yourself about
>
> It's fine to disagree with Tom about what he wrote in his previous email,
> however calling him dishonest and unethical seems very wrong to me. If
> anything he wrote was not correct or misleading

If someone is going to criticize other people's work and dismiss it as
nearly useless without even somewhat informing themselves about it,
they should expect to be called out on that. You might find my reply
offensive, but I found the email that I was replying to extremely
offensive and I had to subscribe to this list and figure out how to
send a reply to a past email from the archive to defend the value of
my work. It wasn't fair or accurate criticisms or comparisons.

It's not the first attack that I responded to today or the last. It's
one of many. The depth and tone of my responses varies based on what
I'm responding to. If I can assume good faith, I will do it, but I
could not do that here with how it was presented. All of this is time
is taken away from working on the projects and that hurts, but so does
leaving it unchallenged.

> I doubt it was intentional and more likely it was some honest mistakes.

I don't see how you can suggest it wasn't the intention. It's
dismissing the project / work and the value of it without even putting
in basic effort to learn what it is and what it does. It's presented
as informed, expert commentary when it isn't. I had a serious problem
with it and I responded in the way I felt was suitable. I intended to
express how I felt about it which wouldn't have been accomplished by
using forced diplomatic wording. I said that they were being dishonest
and unethical with their actions. If people don't want to be called
out for that, they shouldn't do it.

Mozilla has a history of harming me. I've documented this as one more
case of attacks from Mozilla to go along with everything else. I see
no reason to put up with it or tolerate it. Mozilla should expect that
one day they're going to be held accountable. If people at Mozilla
aren't aware of the unethical behavior it regularly engages in
including an exploitative approach to contributors, they should inform
themselves. My issue is primarily with Mozilla as an organization and
a culture rather than any specific individuals participating in that.
I think the problem is ultimately that self-righteous, dishonest
organization presenting itself as a benevolent force of good when it
really doesn't line up with the reality. It taints how the people
involved approach things. Since these past issues were never
addressed, and the company hasn't changed, any attacks from people at
Mozilla are a spark igniting this existing conflict. It's not my
responsibility to inform all their employees about what the
organization has done and failed to resolve.

I'm not planning on participating on this list beyond defending myself
here and in future cases.