[tor-dev] [prop305] Introduction Point Behavior

teor teor at riseup.net
Fri Aug 16 06:47:47 UTC 2019

Hi David,

> On 15 Aug 2019, at 22:56, David Goulet <dgoulet at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> I'm leaning towards not closing the circuit and falling back on the consensus
> parameters.

Using the consensus parameters seems like a good thing to do.

We can say "valid parameters override the consensus parameters. Invalid
parameters are ignored, and the circuit uses the consensus parameters."

> And at some point in time, we'll be able to implement the
> INTRO_ESTABLISHED response. In the meantime, there is little chances that tor
> vanilla start sending bad values since they are validated from the torrc file.

Do we have a protocol warning for invalid parameters? If we do, we should be
able to detect issues as they happen.

I don't think there's an easy way of detecting these kinds of bugs in chutney.
But maybe we want to set consensus parameters and torrc parameters on one
of the chutney networks?