[tor-dev] Docker images for help people to run Tor (teor)

teor teor at riseup.net
Mon Apr 1 02:57:35 UTC 2019

Hi,

> On 1 Apr 2019, at 07:55, Alessandro Fiori <alefiori3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I would like to share with the community some tests I've made for setting up a "swarm" of Tor relays.
>
> I setted up 3 exit relays and 3 middle relays on the same IPv4 address, to make some testing, and the entire swarm works like a charm.
>
> Due to Tor limitation, I have decided to build a template for preparing the cluster, and upload it to GitHub.
>
> You can find the example mini-cluster here:
> https://github.com/randomtable/ChimeraOS/tree/master/TorSwarm
>
> I have tested the exit capabilities on another network with different public IP address.
>
> All the relays have published their own descriptors, I have prepared the containers as a single, separated machines.
>
> The process is different from preparing a single relay, because of Docker build process.
>
> I have disabled caching during the cluster process, so i have been able to modify torrc without issues.
>
> Because  its very interesting, attached to this e-mail there is the console Logs from the 6 relays.
>
> All containers are read-only, so the entire relay will destroy at the end of session.
>
> I hope this can be useful.

Tor clients will only see 2 of your 6 relays, because the Tor directory authorities only publish 2 relays per IPv4 address.

Also, please use the deb.torproject.org repositories to get the latest version of tor:
Mar 31 19:57:08.000 [warn] Please upgrade! This version of Tor (0.3.3.9) is not recommended, according to the directory authorities. Recommended versions are: 0.2.9.15,0.2.9.16,0.2.9.17,0.3.4.10,0.3.4.11,0.3.5.7,0.3.5.8,0.4.0.1-alpha,0.4.0.2-alpha,0.4.0.3-alpha

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide/DebianUbuntu