[tor-dev] Memory usage on 0.3.4.8

r1610091651 r1610091651 at telenet.be
Mon Sep 24 11:39:53 UTC 2018

Hi devs

After upgrade from 3.3.7 -> 3.4.8, I've noticed that memory usage is
erratic. Please consult the image below, showing memory available in green
and memory used in blue on a tor dedicate system.

[image: image.png]

The upgrade to 3.4.8 took place on Saturday in week 37. The connection
count / load was relativity stable:
[image: image.png]
(green inbound, blue outbound)
I was wondering if there were any changes from 3.3.7 to 3.4.8 which might
impact memory behaviour on a middle-relay.
I'm also wander what is the "source" of this usage?

Potentially relevant config entries (remainder is port/ip, accounting &
exit(no)):
MaxConsensusAgeForDiffs 4 hours
DirCache 0
MaxMemInQueues 64 MB (but "defaulting" to 256mb now)

Thanks in advance
Seb