[tor-dev] State of the HA proxy onion patch

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sat Sep 15 14:07:39 UTC 2018

Mahrud S <dinovirus at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi George,
>
> I was trying to find a way to use the virtual port (i.e.
> blahblah.onion:*port*) as dst_port, but I couldn't find a suitable in time.
> For our purposes specifically, we only needed virtual port 443 for https,
> so I hard-coded 443 in an almost identical branch on top of
> 0.3.5.0-alpha-dev here:
> https://github.com/mahrud/tor/commit/a81eac6d0c0a35adc6036e736565f4a8e2f806fd
>
> As far as I know we haven't run into any issues so I kept it minimal, but
> the torrc option would be very much appreciated!

Hey Mahrud,

we have a ready-to-merge version of #4700 ready.

Check: https://github.com/torproject/tor/pull/343
for the latest PR.

and https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/4700#comment:21
    https://github.com/torproject/tor/pull/327 (the old PR)
if you want to read the review comments and bugs.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you don't like something.

Thanks! :)