[tor-dev] (no subject)

sarpedon montecarlo sarpedon000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:12:16 UTC 2018

Hi!
I am supposed to implement, a python application that runs tor in
background.
The running tor is under direct control of the python app via control port.
This running tor, is the proxy for the Tor Browser; By this I mean, when
the Tor Browser starts, it will connect to this process, instead of the
bundled tor provided by itself.
The controlling features I am into, are as below:
A) I want to attach streams coming from each tabs of the Tor Browser,
attached to a separate circuit; By this I mean each tab of the browser, use
a separate circuit, and do not share circuits with each other.(just like
the way ordinary TBB does that)
for this I am aware that Tor Button plugin does something with the streams
to separate streams of a specific tab from other streams.
Then by using IsolateSocksStream option on the tor side, tor will
successfully isolate each tabs streams.
My problem here, is that I am handling the routing and stream attaching all
by myself and I can not use the provided IsolateSocksStream option because
I am handling the circuit generation by myself because of the specific
policies I am using for generating circuits, and their related paths.
So if I am facing a bunch of streams, and I have a bunch of circuits
myself, How am I going to detect that Stream A is from tab A of TBB and
Stream B is from tab B of TBB, so I attach stream A to circuit A, and
attach stream B to circuit B.
Thanks in advance.