[tor-dev] Tor summer of privacy

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sat Nov 24 23:21:31 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 09:22:48PM +0000, Ziad Marghany wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to participate in Tor summer of privacy, and I would like how I can start preparing from now on. Also, I would like to ask about if I want to propose a project idea, how I should present my idea and should I make a prototype ?
> I know this is maybe a bit early but I wasn't able to participate last year because I haven't prepared early so, I would like to take my time this year.
> Thank you for your help and your time.

Hi! Thanks for your interest.

You are indeed very early in the process -- and that's good.

I hear Google is doing another Google Summer of Code next year, so with
luck we will participate in that, and if not, we might run another Tor
Summer of Privacy on our own.

Assuming we do one of these programs, the best way for you to get
selected is for us to already be familiar with your interests and
skills. That is, pick some project in the Tor world that interests you,
and get involved. Help fix the documentation, write some patches, fix
some bugs, whatever you're good at.

You can find projects on
https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer
or