[tor-dev] Abort in test_bridges.c

Taylor Yu catalyst at torproject.org
Thu May 24 19:18:11 UTC 2018

On 05/23/2018 12:30 PM, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> Running 'test.exe bridges/clear_bridge_list' causes this assertion:
>
>   bridges/clear_bridge_list: May 23 17:12:53.714 [err]
> tor_assertion_failed_():
>   Bug: container.h:70: smartlist_get: Assertion sl->num_used > idx failed;
>
> AFAICS, since 'sweep_bridge_list()' caused all entries in
> 'bridgelist' to get deleted, an index of zero is illegal.
> Don't ask me why.
>
> And since 'smartlist_get(bridgelist,0)' should be compiled with
> '-DDEBUG_SMARTLIST' in all tests/*.c sources. No?
>
> I'm on Win-10, tor.exe + libs was built with MSVC 2017.

Hi, thanks for reporting this!  Could you please tell us more about how
you are building Tor? Also what release are you building?  We typically
build Tor on Windows using MinGW, not MSVC, so we might not notice for a
while if something is broken on MSVC.

Also I'm not finding any obvious place we define DEBUG_SMARTLIST on
master.  What are you seeing that defines it?

Would you be willing to open a bug report about this on trac.torproject.org?

Thanks,
-Taylor